New Bf4 server online

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Sparky1984

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
I agree with Carl, mixture of vehicle maps in Conquest and Locker (For meanie) I think it would work.. I've seen servers with 64 players and never empty and they are mainly Vehicle maps. it maybe worth a try. What I have notice is, the server starts to get busy and then it dies off as soon as the gun game map comes on, then its hard to recover from that.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Its not the maps

we have changed the maps and there are vehicles in some.
the last map rotation was what was asked for by members, smaller more popular maps with different modes of play it has mapvote and changes to bigger maps as the server fills.

However put a maplist up and we can maybe try it out

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
i think Carl is right i must admit it does get a bit boring with the same style of maps ....i think we need metro ..good to get the server going ,but then maybe more tanks
but then you get into the problem of small amount of players and big maps
difficult to get a good balance

Carl Davies

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 16, 2016
Wales
why not select all maps then put a map voter in-game then the people can just vote map/mode ect or cant this be done?

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
sure can, the problem being the max choices for vote map is 6 so there will be votes that no one likes and do we do all modes or just conquest?
last time I was asked to mix the modes too.

All feed back is good though keep it coming

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
the server has been restarted lets get together and sort out what maps are wanted

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
A mixture of modes would be good. But not too many different modes.
I would say Conquest large and maybe Rush, on some maps I do like to have some TDM as well.
But if we want teamplay, then I would vote for Conquest (large) and Rush.

Cerveza43

Donator
Jan 31, 2014
Cardigan Wales
Hi... not a toga member but often played and donated, i was happy to see the Server back and was about to donate but.....then i tried Gun master and quit after that map.. Also Rush (when two good players on teamspeak can easily dominate the map) that makes me quit being only an average on a good day ... and i do get a bit fed up of Metro.... but we all have our own favorites. Conquest and TDM for me, too old to learn new tricks :)...... keep looking but usually theres 0\64 :(

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
Golmund Railway without anti aircraft noob vehicles and the same with the Dam one.

BorgieXL0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2015
Netherlands
Start playing BF4 again, mostly I'll try to join tdi300 (see him the most on BF4 servers) and recently joined in a game Shadowfax and meany. Are there other TOGA members play BF4 again.

Like those maps Clown, only then with AA. Otherways the crew on the ground wont survive the fly boys.
But, this maps are large. How to populate them for a good play.

Carl Davies

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 16, 2016
Wales
I think it's safe to say the server is dead and except it but at least we can say we tried :(:(:(

we all need to find a new game to play together PUBG is geting a bit repetative now

Reactions: westonwarrior