5 Man - 4 Clan Squad DM

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
Hi All,

It was suggested that we try a 4 clan Squad Death Match. I have spoken to 009, FnB and N2S who have all voiced their interest in trying this format as a fun war.

I would like to propose a date of 10 August which is a Wednesday and the usual time of 20:00 UK time. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in as we only need 5 players. I will more than likely sit this one out as I SUCK at TDM. I will monitor the interest and provide the link to the other clans once it's a go from our side and we can organise specifics such as map/server etc.

Slanky - the good looking one. :stinkyfeet:

Reactions: Bl@ckthorn and Quic

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Sounds like a good idea will be bk of holls by then but dont know if i will be able to make it

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
Well looks like we have at least 5 people interested in this so I will get arranging with the other clans and keep you posted.

Hopefully there will be some way to spectate although not sure how that would work. Do you have any preference on maps for this type of game?

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Sounds like fun. I am interested. But if there are enough players I am willing to spectate it :)

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Best SDM maps imo are

Lockers - Plays in areas between normal conquest flags D&E
Hainan Resort - Plays in and around the hotel
Rogue Transmission - Plays in the buildings around the conquest E flag

I find most of the other common maps turn in to a sniper fest!

A server that I play on which is great for warm ups to conquest is this one..
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...5-18a4769f2c17/SQDM-Opas-mit-Waffen-OGM-60hz/

Plays SDM 24/7 and is normally populated before ours in the evening so give it a go if you haven't played much, bear in mind though that the dynamics are completely different if you aren't on comms with your squad.
As I play it quite often I also have some good ideas where it is best to defend and some good tactics but with that in mind, if there are 4 clans then each clan can pick a map, rounds are relatively short and with 5-man squads a 100-150 ticket round should last ~15mins.

Perhaps if there are loads interested then we can have an internal clan war... maybe nationalities/regions?? Just for bragging rights of course!

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
Fantastic KissMyAss.... I will pop into your TS on Wednesday evening at about 19:30 UK time to make sure we are all set. I think we will just set the maps and we still need to decide on how many rounds and tickets etc we are playing.

The server we will be playing on belongs to Frag&Bag who will kindly host us all.

The details: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/cfc8fba0-acdc-4614-953c-2ce1c8ba78aa/

Password will follow but we will chat on the night anyway.

Look forward to seeing you guys next week :th_hug:

Reactions: YouCanKissMyAss

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
Thanks again to everyone who joined for this last night, it was certainly an interesting game mode and was great having 3 clans (4 squads) in the end too. A massive thank you again to Achilles from FnB for hosting the match, I know it can be a pain trying to get everyone where they should be especially with 4 different squads.

There was a good turn out in the end which meant that we were able to make a 'refugee' squad in place of the 009 guys and similar to that of the Olympics which had a mixture of players from different clans. Thanks also to the N2S guys for giving us a lesson in Squad Death Match.

We played 3 rounds at 100 tickets each although will probably only count the first 2 as the 3rd was a little bit of a mess around and this is how it ended:

Round 1 - Operation Outbreak
1st - N2S
2nd - Refugee's
3rd - TOGA
4th - FnB

Round 2 - Rouge Transmission
1st - N2S
2nd - Refugee's
3/4 - TOGA/FnB (tie for 3rd)

Regards,
Slanky - the good looking one

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Glad it went okay!

Just for future reference @Slanky007 , a screen shot at the end of rounds is a nice way to present the results, gives you the final team ticket counts and gives you everyone's individual scores, K/D.
Just a suggestion of course and easy for me to say, I just have my Butler do it for me!

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
First of all, thanks for setting this up @Slanky007 !

For me it was a whole new experience on squad team death match and I definitely did not like it haha:stabby:<_<. The point of spawning and being shot instantly got me a bit frustrated. Maybe it's just me bu it I like a bit of tactic in a game and squad team death match has nothing to do with tactics in my opinion, the only thing a squad can try is camp on a certain spot and hold it until the whole squad is dead. I'm only playing conquest in the future matches:), and maybe some rush.

A big thanks for all the other clans who played with us of course:)

Cheers,

Quic

Reactions: YouCanKissMyAss

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
@MattyD - good suggestion! The thought hadn't even crossed my mind to be honest. I did however sit one game out so someone else could play but that's easily fixed by someone else taking a screen print of that round.

@Quic - I didn't want to play last night because it's not a game mode I particularily enjoy either but I disagree that it's not about tactics. You mentioned the tactics involved by staying with your squad and somewhat camping. The point is to stay together and try and hold a position while still making the kills. This is a tactic, albeit perhaps one you and I don't enjoy that much.

I like the fact that it was different and that we should have had 4 different clans playing the same game. We unfortunately can't do this with conquest, unless 2 clans team up with each other.

I will arrange another conquest/ rush with FnB soon and will speak to N2S about playing them as well. They were keen for it last night although may struggle to get the higher numbers required but we can always add some of our own if need be.

Slanky - the good looking one.

Reactions: Quic

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
If SQDM is not that popular then perhaps the other clans would be interested in a mini knockout tournament for Rush or Small Conquest?

E.G Small Conquest - 250 Tickets

Draw Round 1 at random
Round 1 Group 1 - Clan A vs Clan B
Round 1 Group 2 - Clan C vs Clan D

Round 2 - Winner Group 1 vs Winner Group 2
Round 2 - Runners Up - Losers Group 1 vs Losers Group 2

Same players and only 1000 tickets to go through plus some admin... About the same amount of time as a normal match.

Reactions: Quic