BF1 Fall update

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58616/battlefield-1-fall-update-notes-11152016

The list is very long, so I'm not copying it here. Except just one, VERY welcomed fix! :)
  • If the squad leader ignores requests for orders the leadership is transferred to another member of the squad.
  • When a squad member requests an order (and there is no active squad order), the requesting player is added to the want-to-be-leader queue for that squad and a 60 seconds timer starts (the timer is not reset if there are other squad members waiting in the queue already).
  • When the 60 seconds pass, the first member in the squad queue (the one who requested order earliest) is promoted as a squad leader. If there are other members in the queue after him, the timer is automatically reset to 60 seconds and if the new leader doesn't give orders over that period either, then the next waiting in line is promoted and so on.
  • If the current squad leader issues an order, then the queue for the squad is cleared.

That's a biiiig list! Some things I am very happy with the following things:

-Prone soldiers can no longer be pushed by other friendly soldiers
YAY, no more getting pushed of a mile-high tower or mountain and getting a "accident"!

-Fix for several video crashes related to window size, hardware detection, and multiple monitors.
Woohoo!

-Fix for poor performance in the calibration screen.

-Removed the delay before being able to fire primary or secondary again after deploying a gadget or throwing a grenade.

-Added non-gamepad Joystick support.
I and someone else had a HOTAS, that should work now!

-Turned off doppler effect on horses.
Magical physics evading beings they are, horses!

-Fix for graphical issue while ADS with various weapons on multi monitor setup
What is ADS?

Last edited:

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
tried to buy server but got an error first and now it says no capacity in Europe.

will try again later

Reactions: six-shooter
Does anyone have any experience with this?

For some reason if you permanently enable FPS using a user config file it won't work right. I am referring to this:

Learn how to create a Battlefield 1 config file called “user.cfg”. Store the command “PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1” in a separate line of the “user.cfg” file. If you don’t need the FPS overlay anymore, you can just disable it by removing the line from the text file, or by changing it to “PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 0”.

The idea of having the FPS on always, is a good one.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Do you have an nvidea card if so have the fps on all the time through experiance

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
Of course new features don't worry properly couldn't select my deluxe items in the menu customisation and can't change the sights or bayonets across my favourite assault class.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
its not a huge problem as there are no admin controls, so waiting to get it right is a good thing

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
ok there are now servers available should we get one?
they are restricted to 6 maps and no admin control but we can build a server community and go forwards.

I think we should wait but am willing to take advice

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Problem is that Dice is telling us they are working on more features regarding admin controll. But they don't tell us what features and when we can expect them.

On the other hand it would be nice to have our own server and build from there

I love the idea of starting to build the BF1 part of the community and seeing things go forward. Make a name with just our choice of maps and let our actions speak at first (actions being for example not cursing and shouting in the chatbox).
People will understand that the shouting and cursing ones can't be kicked anyway, and it's the same on any other server, so that's barely a reason to leave.
I also love the idea of just being able to join a server instead of using the broken join-on-user thing.

Not being able to kick for members would be mildly annoying until we can.

Reading back on my own comment, i'd say, let's do this!

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
I would like our own server as i seem to get kicked or disconnected a lot, whether this happens to others i don't know but it is bloody annoying.
On the other hand i agree with Weston we should wait at least until after The new year when things might be a bit clearer on what we are able to control if anything on our own server.
:) that is just an old guys opinion you youngsters might think different of course ;)

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Like the idea of building bf1 from scratch but not being able to admin our server is going to be a pain. If they could let us know the time scale of when the admin rights would be added we could get a server say a month beforehand to get it set up how we like it. At the moment if we get a server we cant even make room for members if its full . So i say wait till we can at least assure members can play on our server then go from tgere

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I agree with Weston, Blackthorn & Waffey, I'd wait. To read all the stuff kids or like minded would write into our chatbox on TOGA server and not being able to do anything, it would be a pain...It's simply incredible how people react, when the game doesn't go the way they'd expect.

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Come on Toga Members lets hear your opinion on this as it could be very important to the clan in the future.
Bf1 seems to have taken off so lets all have our say and then let the Clan Leaders decide on what is best with all the evidence that can be gathered.
My Humble input for what it is worth. :)