BF1 Incursions

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
BF1 Incursions game mode has now been in alpha for two test periods. As there's no NDA to prevent the comments (I had to read it twice on the screen to believe it), and there are lots of articles to prove it, I'm adding my short comments here.

Incursions is a competitive game mode for 5 vs 5 in "small" maps. They might be small in BF-scale, in COD they'd be considered really huge. You pick up a character that fits to your style (and which is free), you lock it, and you stick with it the whole game through - you can't change it. Then you go to fight for the flags (3). Provided that everyone in match making had pushed the button to join the game at the early stage of match making. If someone had decided not to join after all, you'll find yourself back in the lobby starting the match making all over again. At least so it happened in Alpha, maybe it will be fixed.

The story behind the link explains the experience more thorougly. Incursions is nice change if you want to play for the flags but don't want to run half a mile for each, are ready to stay with the squad for the whole game through, and especially if you're into tight squad playing. Being a lone wolf only helps the other team.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/battlefield-1-incursions-preview

Reactions: westonwarrior