BF3 End Game

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
Nope,it is due to the fact that Sony paid millions for the right to have early access(like how MS paid for the CoD access)

You're actually right. I checked it some more and could indeed confirm what you're saying.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
But these maps are way too big...can't much play this End Game, tbh :mellow:

galroniii

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 18, 2012
I like it. Would like a server that was Inf only though with the CTF mode. That would require proper team work. hmmm, snipers might need to be limited on it though to 1 per side.

Reactions: Mandoscottie

Brownie-UK7

New User
Sep 11, 2012
Vienna
Played quite a bit of EG in the last couple of days and I have to admit have had some really good games.

I didn't like any of the maps to begin with really but now that everyone has started to learn them a bit and the chaos is reducing then they are far more fun to play.

Even CTF was really good with some sweet chases across the map and people defending your route back as you leg it! I hated this mode at first but now think its a worthwhile addition. Although there are still plenty of camping / mines balance issues that need sorting.

I am still an infantry man at heart but these maps are great to mix things up a bit.

Anyone else getting anything off EG or have the gone the way of AK already?

Crotador

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 20, 2012
Haven't really had a chance to play them lots but I like them, Capture the flag is an interesting alternative game mode. Bikes make for awesome flanking on some maps.

I like everyhing I have seen so far, but tbh I dont know the maps yet so that will probably change.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Played quite a bit of EG in the last couple of days and I have to admit have had some really good games.

I didn't like any of the maps to begin with really but now that everyone has started to learn them a bit and the chaos is reducing then they are far more fun to play.

Even CTF was really good with some sweet chases across the map and people defending your route back as you leg it! I hated this mode at first but now think its a worthwhile addition. Although there are still plenty of camping / mines balance issues that need sorting.

I am still an infantry man at heart but these maps are great to mix things up a bit.

Anyone else getting anything off EG or have the gone the way of AK already?

Ive been enjoying games on the new maps (CTF, CQ & air superiority), as said prev once people get used to the maps, its making a different play style enjoyable tbh. Ive really enjoyed the Air maps, wish theyd adapt all the other maps to support AS.

Brownie-UK7

New User
Sep 11, 2012
Vienna
Ive been enjoying games on the new maps (CTF, CQ & air superiority), as said prev once people get used to the maps, its making a different play style enjoyable tbh. Ive really enjoyed the Air maps, wish theyd adapt all the other maps to support AS.

does it make much of a difference if they adapt the other maps? You're in the sky and sky is the same wherever you go, right?;)

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
Time for a little rant..

Since we're a few months later now I'd thought I'd give this thread a kick. I like EG partially, but only for CQ. The other gamemods (CTF, Rush) are just crap. I don't know who the lead was on some of the decisions with these modes, but that person deserves to burn in hell for eternal damnation. Let me starts with Rush; Attack choppers (not even going to comment on that)?! M-COM's mostly placed near a hill/mountain (enemy can just camp the hill). Who in their right mind lets the attackers have the higher ground? Terrible design. Then there's CTF, jokingly called Camp The Flag, since there's AT mines and C4 spammed around it. Other then that, there is no uncap in CTF.. the enemy can just camp the spawn while some other guys run the flag back and forth. Again terrible design.

In short; EG for me is a let-down. I just played a few matches on different servers of Rush and CTF, hoping to have some fun again. It seems that a few months into the Xpac people all resort to the same 'tactic' in these game modes, which is mostly spawn camping. The dirt bike was the big thing in EG, but try driving that thing for more then a mile without getting spammed by javelins. Worst design ever.

It saddens me that people always have to play games this way. Always trying to find the easy route to victory, even if that means spawn raping. I don't remember such things in the Quake/UT times, but back then it mostly were decent people playing since all the idiots abusing everything didn't have a PC yet. Or maybe I'm just only remembering the good stuff.

/rant

Stun

New User
Jun 25, 2012
Brighton
I knew it was going to be like that from the start , CTF has never been my fav mode of play for all the above reasons, ive played it twice in BF3 and that was enough for me. Each set of maps have there faults even the popular maps like Bazaar with everyone camping B whilst all the other flags are taken all you can do is try and squad up with people who have half a clue and not their eye on their K/D. I do hope map design in BF4 is a dam sight better because ive gotta say for every 8-10 maps in BF3 there's only 1-2 that are decent, there was a lot of scope for these maps to play there respective modes of play really well but bad design has led to a lot of them just being camp and spam feists

Brownie-UK7

New User
Sep 11, 2012
Vienna
I had the same experience on CTF and hated it at first. But I found a CTF only server run by the Scan.co.uk lot that are usually pretty good.

As they only play CTF on it, it's mostly played in the spirit it was intended and I've had some genuinely great games on there with both teams making concerted attacks. Might be worth giving it a go as when it works it's an excellent addition.

RUSH is complete dogga on all of the maps, I totally agree. Impossible to attack!

SmartShots

New User
Oct 26, 2012
Northumberland, UK
I've quite enjoyed the few games of CTF that I've played. May be I've just not played it enough yet though. I don't see it as a main game mode though, more something that I'd have a quick game of for a bit of fun.

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
erm... we had our own but no-one went on it.... and i mean no-one...

Yep, that's why I need a good one :) Besides, the main server is the one everyone plays on. No matter what runs on the other nobody will populate that one.