Clan Lan?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

ftpdoug

New User
Jan 10, 2015
We used to have a UTB LAN once a year around October time.. Was brilliant fun! Been off the cards for a while now due to personal circumstances :( Miss me a good LAN likes. All night gaming, many fun, much PC, such caffeine!

Reactions: six-shooter

hu5q

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 5, 2016
I'm new here, but from what I have heard on TS I find this thread slightly terrifying. Do let me know how you guys got on ;)

zornyan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 29, 2016
ahhh good ol lan parties...I remember these about 14 years ago when I was at college...lugging heavy ass PC's around to someone's house, spend 6 hours setting it all up, then start playing.
(CS:source days!)

then start drinking

then start a passing contest on who's best

then drink more

then argue more before going to sleep

good freaking times!

although many might not want to do a lan party, what about a BBQ/pub/meet kinda thing? I use to do them regularly with one of my old car clubs.

Reactions: visual3x
ahhh good ol lan parties...I remember these about 14 years ago when I was at college...lugging heavy ass PC's around to someone's house, spend 6 hours setting it all up, then start playing.
(CS:source days!)

then start drinking

then start a passing contest on who's best

then drink more

then argue more before going to sleep

good freaking times!

although many might not want to do a lan party, what about a BBQ/pub/meet kinda thing? I use to do them regularly with one of my old car clubs.

I used to organise medium sized lanparties, twice a year with a group of 40 to 50 students. That was a lot of fun, I did the entire organisation of it though, so wiring everything, putting all the tables and chairs up, thinking about fire-hazard-safety, making sure there is enough power per group etc. and the PR, oh, what a load of work. I don;t know where I got the time from back then. :p

but, two years ago we had a meetup with some Dutch members (TommyJ, ShadowFax, Me, Raneva, Quic and even non dutchies Morthor and his GF, came over).
I liked it, and I'd like to have a more international meet at one point as well. Although money might be a issue for some I guess.

Last edited:

zornyan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 29, 2016
I used to organise medium sized lanparties, twice a year with a group of 40 to 50 students. That was a lot of fun, I did the entire organisation of it though, so wiring everything, putting all the tables and chairs up, thinking about fire-hazard-safety, making sure there is enough power per group etc. and the PR, oh, what a load of work. I don;t know where I got the time from back then. :p

but, two years ago we had a meetup with some Dutch members (TommyJ, ShadowFax, Me, Raneva, Quic and even non dutchies Morthor and his GF, came over).
I liked it, and I'd like to have a more international meet at one point as well. Although money might be a issue for some I guess.

I think that's the issue in itself. since we're a diverse clan there's a fair few people spread all over Europe. and for most of us flights aren't that cheap to be able to justify the cost for a couple days.

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Flights aren't much of an issue, Ryan air and the likes are pretty cheap.

But I'm not flying my pc anywhere.

Reactions: zornyan

zornyan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 29, 2016
Flights aren't much of an issue, Ryan air and the likes are pretty cheap.

But I'm not flying my pc anywhere.

Good point, but flights also mean far more time off of work for some of us, which can be tricky depending on your job too.

would be cool if we COULD organise something in the UK though?