hi lag amount

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Ryan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 23, 2015
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
The thing with battlefield is no one should technically have stuttering issues on any hz server as the client changes the request frame to be lower. Ill make a video showing this tonight as why this is causing me to be a bit confused.

But mind that i havent been able to speak to waffey on teamspeam since this thread so havent been able to try somethibgs out with him.

Ill have a look into it at somepoint but i agree with OldMachine and thats for waffey to upgrade the cpu and maybe motherboard first rather than the ssd

Reactions: OldMachine

OldMachine

New User
Jan 26, 2016
I have a spare asus motherboard and 16gig ram if anyone is intrested its an Asus Sabertooth Z77 m/b and 16gig Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory all you need is a cpu i rather like the intel i7 3770k or the 4770k

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Hey Hey guys don't go overboard, it is very good of you to spend the time debating what to do to help me and i really appreciate it.
As i have said an up grade t the moment is not on as money is tight at the moment.
I have tried it on different servers both nearly full and virtually empty and so far the worst one is TOGA but as with last night it was fine until it got over fifty playing.
As for an up grade on Mbo and Cpu as i am nearly 70 and suffers from Artheritus (wrong spelling) i may not be playing for much longer but the year is yet young so we will see.
Again thank you all for the help and advice and i will try to get screen shot of the graphs. :)

Ryan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 23, 2015
That sucks about the arthritis - Maybe the bottle neck is causing you issues taking in more data to be processed. Can you play on other 64 slot servers when they are maxed out at 60hz?

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
on TOGA now with 15 Playing and with background stuff CPU at 60% and Ram at 28% so is normal for my set up would you think,.

Ryan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 23, 2015
Here is what i'd like you to do @waffey69

Have all games closed.

Click this link and download and install MSI Afterburner:
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup.zip

When you have installed MSI afterburner and its running click on "Settings" and a window will appear when this window appears click on "Monitoring"

9e0e6d3474.png

4f7d034778.png

When you have set these settings click "OK". Wait 1 minute and then start up Battlefield 4
(your waiting a minute for the software to record a baseline)

Play your game for as long as you want then when your done navigate to the same location but click the "View button" (the bottom right corner of the image above)

A window will popup and you will see a file called "HardwareMonitoring"
439e677cd3.png

Now keep this window open and go to: https://www.speedyshare.com/
Now Drag this file from this small window onto Speedyshare and hit "Upload"

It will give you 2 things: A Sharing URL and Deletekey

PM me both of these and i will delete the file when I have got it.

When you have uploaded this file go back to the MSI Afterburning Settings > Monitoring > Scroll down and untick "Log History to file" (this will stop it recording)

You can now uninstall MSI afterburner.

If you can do this for me it will show me all your system information > Let me know if you have this issue when your playing the game while this has been recording or not.

This will let me analyse lots of factors and hopefully get a result for you.

Everyone else:
If you have system performance issues - do this too and pm me your issue and fileshare link and deletekey. I will see if i can see a problem from the graphs produced.

- Ryan

Ryan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 23, 2015
Looking at the data that I extracted from your PC this is what I have, there is also an image of mines:

Waffeys GPU:
57cf7af796.png

Waffeys CPU:
17d11d1edb.png

My GPU:
b3884466cc.png

My CPU:
e66e5750fd.png

Now to explain what your seeing above if you look at your GPU its all over the place and hardly ever a consistent 100%, even at times it bottoms out to 0% for about a half second (according to the graph). Compare this to my GPU and its near enough constantly active and over 50% pretty much all the time (which is a good thing). Looking at the graph's you can see your GPU compared to mine is very messy and it doesnt seem to enjoy being "pushed" that hard and as soon as it does it dramatically spikes back. What this shows us is your GPU is having issues elsewhere, now guessing that you have the GPU inserted into your PCI-E slot and not a PCI slot then the issue is looking towards your CPU.

If you look at your CPU graph your CPU is pretty much running over 80% constantly - which is stressful and games never should utilise 100% as windows will try to stop this due to "parking" of CPU cores which is common.

Looking at my CPU (4.0Ghz i7) you can see it runs around 40 - 60% (sometimes peaking). If you look at yours its 80% nearly - this means your CPU's are pretty much running near maxed out and there for appears to be your bottleneck.

You can try an unpark your cores by using this program - it may resolve your stuttering issues and you want to move the slider to 100%.

http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Thanks very much Ryan you have given me a project to save for.
I will look into it for the future many thanks M8:)