Hope you dont mind ....

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Meanie

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2016
Hey guys hope you have all been keeping well.

Hope you don't mind me putting a wee link here for a charity challenge I'm doing. I'm doing the one million step challenge in July. This is to support those who have diabetes. In March of this year my little girls was very sick and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

We said in the hospital with doctors coming in and out with all this information about how her life will change forever. I sat and watch my little girl quietly wipe her tears away. I just gave her a big hug and told her we'll get through this together.

Aimee is now looking so much better and does her own injections everyday. She's always wanting to know about her diabetes and understands its important to look after yourself.

I'll leave the wee link here :

Support Michelle Cairns in the One Million Step Challenge - https://step.diabetes.org.uk/fundraising/michelle-cairns2021#share-page

Hope to be on again at some point for a game or two.

Until then, take care.

Meanie x

• Sad
Reactions: Clown and M1ndUn0t

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
No problem at all in psting here Meanie, its for a good cause and I'm sure you'll do great in the challenge !

Aimee sounds amazing, bless her :)

Will make a donation later when I've finished work :cheers:

Reactions: Meanie

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
I myself have Type 2 but I know a young guy at work with Type 1 since he was born. He's the most able person and pretty fit, plays golf, football, used to play badminton for the county, goes out normally with his mates for drinks and meals and clearly manages his diabetes very well. Really you wouldn't know he had it the amount of sweets he brings in for sharing.

I think T1 is only massively life changing if it occurs in adulthood where you've got set in your ways and its hard to change. Give your little girl a couple of years and what she needs to do will be second nature and she'll think nothing of it.

Reactions: Meanie

Meanie

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2016
Thank you so much for those donations. I appreciate it so much. Kick off is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it! All for a great cause and good for the mental health. We've raised over £500,000. This money will help continue research and hopefully a step closer to a cure. Thanks again guys. X