microphones

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
I've been using a Blue Snowball condenser mic for a while now, since I kept getting complaints that I couldn't be heard well over my headset's mic.
Sound is crisp clean as far as I can tell.

I'm using mine with a desk arm, just no pop filter.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I am using a samson meteor mic, also a condenser mic.

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I'm using a dynamic one. Condenser is better but I can't get it to work well acoustically.

My screens are reflecting too much sound so it gets lots of echo.
I would want a shotgun mic but those are expensive and for just ts way way overkill

hu5q

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 5, 2016
will be replacing my razer tiamat with a good set of headphones and a good condenser mic, very disappointed in current setup.

metroidwar

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 18, 2015
Kortrijk, Belgium
i trew out my G35's cause audio was crap never used "gaming" audio gear since then.
gaming series from ATH might be good but then again ...

zornyan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 29, 2016
I'm really liking my modmic 4.0, sound is pretty crisp and clear,I'm using the uni directional version but I heard the omni is a bit nicer due to catching more of the spacial sounds etc?

either way, nice bits of kit.

slYer

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 4, 2014
London
mines omni directional
Frequency response: 10~10.000Hz
Drive diameter: 4×1.5mm
Sensitivity at 1kHz: -32±-2dB
Signal-to-noise ratio: 50dB
Impedance: 2.2kΩ + 15%

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Mine are black and yellow with a sticky out thing in front of my face ( think thats ti try and stop me drinking). Also used to get an annoying sound most nights but got rid of him i mean that noise ;)

zornyan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 29, 2016
Mine are black and yellow with a sticky out thing in front of my face ( think thats ti try and stop me drinking). Also used to get an annoying sound most nights but got rid of him i mean that noise ;)

*ahem* shadow is still often on teamspeak you know :)

or was you referring to a certain leader of a new 'gaming community' named after themselves :p

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
Normally the recording quality of a desk mic is a lot better than that of a headset mic. Also the option to install pop filters and what not.