Rainbow 6 Siege - Startup videos be gone!

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
If you are getting bored of waiting for all the damn start up videos to finish when you start the game, simply do the following:

Go to your installation folder - for me its:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Then go into the Videos folder and simply rename the Startup folder.

Upon starting the game, you will still get the splash screen and seizure warnings screen, but the others should now be skipped :)

Reactions: ShadowFax75

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
We had some good rounds yesterday.
You like to use Glaz, his sniper is powerful, but I think it's also hard to play with.
Try unlocking get more operators and get the attachments you prefer on the guns.
Although I never play with acog on bf4, somehow I like it in this game. It's easier to spot the tiny heads ;).

darcy67

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 7, 2010
United Kingdom
I think it's a very difficult process to not rush in, in these types of games. I find it very difficult to do but last night Zero and myself slowed down and took everything very cagey. I was still shit but Zero excelled!! haha.

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
@coolcon, have a look at this video man;

I usually go where no one is going when attacking, killing the enemy cameras and waiting for the first bullets to be fired so I can go flank the enemy. Using a drone when round has started can be helpful as well. When i'm inside the enemy building or plane I always go stealth, leaning left and right a lot and taking my time before I move on. Rushing in is not a good tactic I agree. Fav attacking operator is Twitch (best gun; famas:) and also very vast + extra drone )

When defending I tend to roam the floor above or below the objective sites.. using camera systems is a must to check which direction the enemy team is coming from. I tend to sit still and listen to sounds or teammates starting to fire. Camping the objective can be good but I think its boring. Fav defending operator is Jager (fast pace and good gun).

Quic

Reactions: coolcon2000

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
My preferred role for both attacking and defending is still to roam, be in places the opposition is least likely to expect the enemy etc.

If I sit back and camp the objective while defending, I pretty much suck the whole time. Much prefer to go on the offensive. But I can only really do that If the rest of my defending team are close to the objecitve as you can't have everyone off wondering around.

I don't use the drone as much as I should, just because I keep bloody forgetting!

Favourite attacking class is Thatcher. Good all round weapon and that character has lots of speed. But even though I play him almost all the time, I still forget to use the emp nades to benefit my team....really need to work on that :(

Reactions: Quic