Shooting

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Crispy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 13, 2016
I started doing it about 6 months ago with a mate after a bit of joking around and we both really got into it. Went down the air rifle route as its a whole lot easier than getting into full bore (firing proper bullets) because to get a proper gun you have to get registered with the police and install gun safes which would be intresting in a rented flat. There are a few clubs about but because we live about 30 mins from Bisley which aparently is the shooting capital of the UK it was a bit easier to get in with a club that has a range and guns we could try before we bought our own. Its not cheap to get started, I got all my gun and scope second hand and the air tank was shared between me and a mate and I didnt get much change from 750. But once started a tin of 500 pellets is about a fiver and refilling a scuba tank is about 7 quid and lasts long enough not to worry about. Its well worth giving it a go if you have a range nearby.

Anyways pictures are far more intresting.
My rifle (Weihrauch HW100 .177)
2016-06-19%2015.59.37.jpg

View through the scope at the chimney across the road 40 yards or so (12x mag) phone struggled taking a photo but its actually crystal clear
2016-06-19%2016.03.52.jpg

Kinda grouping I can get at 40 yards 5 shots at each target and thats a 5p for scale (More experianced people can get far better)
2015-12-16%2021.53.10.jpg

Last edited:

Crispy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 13, 2016
The angle from the table I was on, through the window to that chimney, unless they were stood on the roof they wouldnt have seen a thing looking into my window

Reactions: visual3x

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
Back in my day we would go out at about 4am and usually get home about 11am with a couple of rabbits and maybe a wood pigeon.

Reactions: six-shooter