Sound Cards v Onboard Sound

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
No that's not it, I think I am used to the "normal' way the sounds are processed. Now that I know it works like this. I think I am more able to locate the enemies.

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Biggest difference I have found is that my separate sound card is way more configurable than my onboard one, microphone boost, etc. But I suppose that also depends on how good the hardware/software are of the individual components...

I use a USB 2.0 Asus Xonar U7 soundcard. reasons why:
- Dolby output and software (goes well with my Dolby Prologic II Technics receiver and my BOSE Acoustimass 2 with Prologic II Dolby)
- Easily switching between headset and speakers (one tap on top of it)
- less noise because it's not near my pc and other electronics
- Software delivered with it provides profiles per game/movies/music and those settings are highly customizable.
- higher KHz and bitrates
- (relatively) High sound to noise ratio if you look at the pricing of the thing (80 euro's-ish)

Caramoon

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm happy with my phoebus sound card , there is a noticeable difference in quality compared to my rog mobos on board , also it allows me to pinpoint the exact location of people in bf1 .

If the enemy is above I can pinpoint exactly where and in which room and many times on ts called out locations for the lads to form a ambush.

End of the day there's haters and nay sayers for both using and not using, as soon as I come across a mobo which will replicate the quality I now have I would switch. But for now I will stay with my setup until I build the new rig and test some actual down at scan.