Which overlay app are you using?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
I heard someone the other night say they were using ts overlays in bf4 and it seemed to work quite well.

Has anyone got a link to that download?

I have tried a couple but they are failing to load :(

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Aha! Now they're making fun of my keyboard... :club:

Broken-keyboard.jpg

Reactions: darcy67

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Even my afterburner didn't work in bf4
Hope there is an update

Good luck with that.Afterburner does not work(overlay) with any X64 app.Unwinder(the guy who makes it) has said NO to X64 updates(people have been asking for years).Retail BF4 will have a 32 bit version so it will work with that,but not with the X64 unless MSI decide to force Unwinder to do it.

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
I use the TS Overlay Plugin linked http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/overlay/ts3overlay.html.

Works in BF3 and 4, easy to to install and use. Tells you who is in your channel, muted etc etc. If i remember correctly, in order for it to work properly I had to disable Origin in game, but that was about a year and a half ago so probably sorted by now.

I've always used MSI Afterburner for my system overlays, fps, temps, %usage etc

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Just tried to lo
I use the TS Overlay Plugin linked http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/overlay/ts3overlay.html.

Works in BF3 and 4, easy to to install and use. Tells you who is in your channel, muted etc etc. If i remember correctly, in order for it to work properly I had to disable Origin in game, but that was about a year and a half ago so probably sorted by now.

I've always used MSI Afterburner for my system overlays, fps, temps, %usage etc

Just tried to load that one and it fails. Says Api Version 16, Required 19.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Yes, version 3.0.13 - i presume 64 bit but can re-install to be sure.
I gave up on the 64 bit client, it had lot sof issues connecting to TOGA TS a while back for me, so went back to x86.
BTW I checked mine and im using the overlay plugin that came with TS, I havnt downloaded anything else.

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
It's probably just the ts3overlay hasn't been updated. I installed the overlay ages ago and still works with updated TS, but you can't install the ts3overlay with the latest TS version.

I had a play with that Overwolf plugin, didn't like it at all

If you still have the install files for an earlier version of TS, you could uninstall, install old, install ts3overlay, then update Teamspeak and it should still work like mine does.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk

mthd_man

New User
Nov 11, 2013
I did as Matty adviced, but I didn't get the overlay to work. I installed the plugin and upgraded team speak. Then I chose the hotkey for the overlay, but It doesn't appear. Might there be some setting I'm missing? It would be nice to get some names for all the voices I'm hearing :)

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
No mate, that worked at the start but doesn't any more! Me and Zero both can't get it to work now.

Hopefully they'll release a new overlay soon for the current TS version

Last edited:

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
No mate, that worked at the start but doesn't any more! Me and Zero both can't get it to work now.

Hopefully they'll release a new overlay soon for the current TS version
yer I noticed it stopped working again after the patch, been flakey for a couple of weeks for me working willy nilly