Your Top 10

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
...not songs, but list your top 10 favourite groups or solo singers or specific albums (assuming you liked one album but nothing else they released lol). Prompted by the chat box stuff :)

I'll start then but in no particular order:
  • Al Stewart - pretty much anything he has done...ever
  • Cara Dillon - her Hill of Thieves album is cracking especially "she moved through the fair"
  • Jose Gonzalez / Junip - Got into him and Junip after watching the last Walter Mitty film
  • Linton Kwesi Johnson - Love his Forces of Victory album. Really takes me back to my youth
  • R.E.M - Just great music and lyrics sung by a bloke with a fabulous voice
  • Of Monsters and Men - Quite weird but catchy and just cant stop listening to them
  • UB40 - I kind of went off them with Red Wine their new stuff, but I only play their old 80's stuff
  • Janet Jackson - yeah I know its cheesy, but her Control Remixes album was always on my tape player in my VW Wizard Roadster in my early 20's and its just as good now.
  • E.L.P - loved them since hearing "fanfare for the common man". Some of it is definitely weird shit, bit their 4 disc From The Beginning album has some amazing music.
  • Dire Straits - anything...absolutely anything they have done is brilliant music, from Sultans of Swing, to Telegraph Road to Once upon a time in the West.

That's it. Well I guess there's always more, like Kate Bush (hubba hubba), Alexander O'Neil, Howard Jones, Simon & Garfunkel, Rolling Stones, etc, but the above are all currently on my phone and constantly listened to, so I'm sticking with them.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Mines a bit eclectic

Any floyd
Biffy clyro (cmon the biff!)
Radiohead
Muse
Aphex twin
Bandulu
Bob marley
New order/Joy division
The klf
William 0rbit
If i had to pick only 10!

Seen all above live bar floyd, bob, william orbit n new order/jd

Special mentions have to be sade and recently paloma faith, just something intruiging about her and her music!

Anyone else fail to see a drop of talent in elbow? Monotonal shite and after last years glasto they seem even shitter live!

Last edited:

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
When I dove into my statistics engine I found out that the song I listened most to is a Nickelback song.

I'll show myself the door :D

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
When I dove into my statistics engine I found out that the song I listened most to is a Nickelback song.

I'll show myself the door :D

Yesterday one of our designers popped out for a smoke and stupidly didnt lock his PC. Obviously this was an open invitation to completely fuck him up! Sadly he wasn't logged into Facebook but he was listening/watching some YouTube music in a small window, so I was going to put on something really crap...until I realised he was already listening to the Backstreet Boys. I nearly cried.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Yesterday one of our designers popped out for a smoke and stupidly didnt lock his PC. Obviously this was an open invitation to completely fuck him up! Sadly he wasn't logged into Facebook but he was listening/watching some YouTube music in a small window, so I was going to put on something really crap...until I realised he was already listening to the Backstreet Boys. I nearly cried.

lol OMFG could have been worse, coulda been those irish twin twats which I cant ever remember their names thankfully....

Traitor Soul

New User
Feb 18, 2014
London
www.facebook.com
Can't resist a top 10 :)

So here goes (and yes, it's going to be mostly heavy stuff :D )

1: PANTERA - saw them twice, blew me away twice :)
2: Metallica - Even now they are one of the finest, most entertaining and professional acts I have ever seen.
3: DOWN - Because they write songs the way I want to be able to.
4: Gojira - best thing to ever come from France :D
5: Devin Townsend (in either D.T.P. or Strapping Young Lad), his ability to throw a hook into every song is masterful :)
6: Clutch - rock and boogie has never been so good.
7: Keith Merrow - Youtuber, proving that music doesn't always need words to memorable.
8: Lamb of God - American thunder at it's best.
9: Gabriel & Rodriguez flamenco acoustic double act of supreme excellence.
10: Bjork - Because she's nuts and brilliant at the same time :D

Reactions: Mandoscottie

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Can't resist a top 10 :)

So here goes (and yes, it's going to be mostly heavy stuff :D )

1: PANTERA - saw them twice, blew me away twice :)
2: Metallica - Even now they are one of the finest, most entertaining and professional acts I have ever seen.
3: DOWN - Because they write songs the way I want to be able to.
4: Gojira - best thing to ever come from France :D
5: Devin Townsend (in either D.T.P. or Strapping Young Lad), his ability to throw a hook into every song is masterful :)
6: Clutch - rock and boogie has never been so good.
7: Keith Merrow - Youtuber, proving that music doesn't always need words to memorable.
8: Lamb of God - American thunder at it's best.
9: Gabriel & Rodriguez flamenco acoustic double act of supreme excellence.
10: Bjork - Because she's nuts and brilliant at the same time :D

Doh forgot bout Bjork, know what you mean, shes special :)

Reactions: Traitor Soul

SubSonic75

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 22, 2014
Swansea Wales
my top 10 not in any order

Pendulum - some nice drum and bass
Scooter - all albums they have done especially the last 1 Jumping around the world
Eminem - all albums
Linking Park - mainly Hybrid Theory
Limp Bizkit - the album chocolate starfish
Nightcore Mixes (do a search on youtube and some of the songs are grate)
Nightwish - Nemo
My Chemical Romance - Teenagers, Black Parade and I'm Not Ok
Weird Al Yankovic - anything he takes the mick out-of
Fallout Boy - so far every song they've done.

ianno1993

New User
Jun 3, 2014
I derped and read the original post wrong. My bad. I thought this was a top 10 songs, haha. About albums i don't really have a top 10, because i never had actually bought any albums or solo's