hardware benchmarking review

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
http://www.techspot.com/review/991-gta-5-pc-benchmarks/

its all about texture ram & cpu cores on this baby, good analysis and interesting point about texture setting dependant on card amount, if you got 2Gb on your card they reckon the sweet spot for 1080p for you is high setting, any less than 2gb onboard then you need medium textures, if you have 600 series or later gpu, enable adaptive vsync for GTAV Online.exe in NVidia settings, this overrides GF exp (worth having for GTA) this will keep your FPS up to your monitors refresh rate , without screen tearing, I also run K-boost via EVGA app, same can be applied via Afterburner (same title) to force boost clock speeds at all times. (extra 100mhz on my card ram over default clock)

im getting 60fps at very high with fxaa enabled @1080p not bad for a 2600k n 3Gb 660ti on a par with a 680 it seems.

Last edited:

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
http://www.techspot.com/review/991-gta-5-pc-benchmarks/

its all about texture ram & cpu cores on this baby, good analysis and interesting point about texture setting dependant on card amount, if you got 2Gb on your card they reckon the sweet spot for 1080p for you is high setting, any less than 2gb onboard then you need medium textures, if you have 600 series or later gpu, enable adaptive vsync for GTAV Online.exe in NVidia settings, this overrides GF exp (worth having for GTA) this will keep your FPS up to your monitors refresh rate , without screen tearing, I also run K-boost via EVGA app, same can be applied via Afterburner (same title) to force boost clock speeds at all times. (extra 100mhz on my card ram over default clock)

im getting 60fps at very high with fxaa enabled @1080p not bad for a 2600k n 3Gb 660ti on a par with a 680 it seems.

I get 60 frames at certain parts, with dips to 45 at times. Post FX, Particles and Textures are Very High but all the anti-aliasing options are off (save for FXAA). I have Shadowa on Very High also as I love that my cars headlights makes objects on front of the lights cast shadows (grass, peoples, cars). Also, V-sync is horrific for me for some reason, so I have Nvidia V-Sync on all the time with Triple Buffering, rather than adaptive.

The biggest differences of the game come from switching from "Normal" to "high". Normal is, literally, PS3/360 type graphics (Normal textures are very disgusting and blurry).

Still, I am happy with my current graphical setup, I do not mind the frame drops. Only happens when turning the camera while driving fast.