probs with steam

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
had to delete steam account and reinstall now its asking me to enter verification code sent to email the only prob with that thay are sending to an old email address which no longer works any help would b great (i have sent email to steam but as yet no reply)

A

ATestUser72

Do what I did, make the old email account again, normally it will have been deactivated allowing you to make it again, as Steam support will send a url or code to that email account and if you cannot access it then you have to go down a majorly long road of verifying every game you have on your Steam account. My m8 had to fax them all kinds of wierd shit to get his steam back.

Seawolf

Donator
Dec 9, 2010
I'm not sure if this is possible, but have you tried logging into your steam account via the webpage and amending the email account, or does it still ask for the verification code when you try and access your account via the webpage?

Tuéy

New User
Sep 4, 2011
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
still asks for it if you try through browser, does everytime you delete cookies as well I think.

Only way is support ticket or hope your old email is deactivated.

Support is normally pretty good though.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
thx for all your help i have had to send all cd keys of with my support ticket number and proof of any games bought through steam so should get it bk running soon

thx again

Gibbo78

Jun 9, 2011
srry to hear about ya probs blackthorn m8 steam now is a pain in the royal ass i had same probs when scan were raping me with ma pc and i was on lappy :(