Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
The concept is pretty simple, just rate out of 10 what you would give the last film you watched, add a comment (but no spoilers) if you like too. Hopefully it'll give others some idea of whether a film is worth watching or not.

So I'll start:

Riddick - 9/10 - If you loved the previous Pitch Black / Riddick films then youll love this one. Although I'm not keen on Vin Diesel in the 2F2F car film he does the moody dangerous bloke in these films really well.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Last movie I watched was Wolf of Wall Street, brilliant movie...totally Scorsese and both funny and heart rending in places.

I'd rate that a 9/10 as well.

In other news, I'm a huge fan of the Riddick movies as well...did you know Diesel cited his Dungeons & Dragons role playing experiences as a basis for the Riddick character and most of the latest movie? Being a board gamer myself i can relate to that, I think seeing my characters bought to life on the big screen would be awesome so all kudos to Mr Diesel for the accomplishment.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Enders Game:- 7/10 started well but kind of lost its way as it progressed.

It's been a long time since I read the book so my memory of the plot line was a bit vague, but I thought the film was quite true to the book. I have heard mixed reviews; a girl at work said it was crap, but women don't understand sci-fi, and out of 2 guys here one said it was good and another said mediocre. I really enjoyed it, but would probably still agree with your 7/10...maybe an 8/10.

Cerveza43

Donator
Jan 31, 2014
Cardigan Wales
47 ronin... 7/10 just never got that grab you by the seat exciting, which i like from revenge sort of films. didn't care for the ending either wanted more kick ass for keanu reeves..

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
47 ronin... 7/10 just never got that grab you by the seat exciting, which i like from revenge sort of films. didn't care for the ending either wanted more kick ass for keanu reeves..

Completely agree. I watched this last week with my eldest son and at the end we looked at each other and went "hmmm...it was okay". The bit that tilted it over the edge towards the bucket of eternal stench was when he said something like "...and I left the forest and swore never to use my powers again." Yeah...right. Everything I think he's done with the exception of the Bill and Teds & the first 2 Matrix films has been mediocre for me.

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Cap'n 'Murica, winter soldier. 7/10. beginning was a bit boring and long. Second half kicked up the ante quite a bit and it became quite enjoyable. Best char in the film was black widow, captain murica is a bit too much at times.

Reactions: Mandoscottie

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
It's been a long time since I read the book so my memory of the plot line was a bit vague, but I thought the film was quite true to the book. I have heard mixed reviews; a girl at work said it was crap, but women don't understand sci-fi, and out of 2 guys here one said it was good and another said mediocre. I really enjoyed it, but would probably still agree with your 7/10...maybe an 8/10.

ive read the book and they missed so much out of the film 5/10 at best

Reactions: NePa5

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
The Legend of Hercules - 3/10 - I just watched this and I think I was misled. For some reason I thought this was a new film with that pompous Australian ass whatsisname. Not Mad Max but the other guy...Russell Crowe, that's the fella! Anyway I thought it was going to star him but instead its poorly acted with no stars. The fist fight sequences are so transparently pulled punches its laughable, and I swear the actors were lip synch dubbed into English.

I got bored 2/3rds of the way through and only managed to finish watching it by drowning my near suicidal depression in a cup of tea and a Rachel's organic peach and passion fruit yoghurt.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Binary think that's an Italian or Spanish film there us another Hercules film out soon with the Rock as the Demi god

Russell crow stars as Noah in a film called errrrrrm Noah out this Friday me thinks

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Binary think that's an Italian or Spanish film there us another Hercules film out soon with the Rock as the Demi god
Russell crow stars as Noah in a film called errrrrrm Noah out this Friday me thinks

Yup that sounds about right - I'm always getting just slightly confused enough to mildly cock something up. Looks like I did it again :)

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
The Legend of Hercules - 3/10 - I just watched this and I think I was misled. For some reason I thought this was a new film with that pompous Australian ass whatsisname. Not Mad Max but the other guy...Russell Crowe, that's the fella! Anyway I thought it was going to star him but instead its poorly acted with no stars. The fist fight sequences are so transparently pulled punches its laughable, and I swear the actors were lip synch dubbed into English.

I got bored 2/3rds of the way through and only managed to finish watching it by drowning my near suicidal depression in a cup of tea and a Rachel's organic peach and passion fruit yoghurt.

Started watching it...thought it was a bit rubbish, good choreography badly acted (hence the pulling punches look). The guy with Hercules in that was the lead in the later series of Spartacus if i'm not mistaken...not sure though.

I didn't finish watching it, but what i did see will be a 3/10.

There is another movie due out soon with Dwayne Johnson as Hercules, that may be better...

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Been lately watching only remakes and reruns, too lazy to go to the cinema unless something exceptional comes out. So the last film was a rerun of "Gone in 60 seconds", a year 2000 remake of the 1974-classic. I only faintly remember the original one, remake gets 8. -But I'm eagerly waiting for the Fast 7! :) And refusing to watch the Need for Speed. lol.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Know the mad thing for us. We get free admission at cineworld and we rarely go as theres not been anything thats caught our eye for months.

sad state of current trend of remakes. Latest i heard today was point break..no... just no.....the line is drawn!
The original is fine the way it is tbh.

Last cinema visit was desolation o smaug.

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Haven't been to the cinema since I returned to the UK.... our cinemas suck ass!

Dutch cinema.... big seat... table lamp and best of all.......... a button to call your waitress to bring you beer!!! http://www.luxorreuver.nl/

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Haven't been to the cinema since I returned to the UK.... our cinemas suck ass!

Dutch cinema.... big seat... table lamp and best of all.......... a button to call your waitress to bring you beer!!! http://www.luxorreuver.nl/
yer Norways the same, they don't seem to sell sweets, but fresh coffee and beer! :D I went to see Valkyrie in English\German with English and Norwegian subtitles........man was I tired when I got back lol I don't get cineworld, you can drink in the bar upstairs but your not allowed to take it into screening like wtf?!?!?

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
I find in the UK that going to the cinema is a chore... and normally ruined by chavs! Going in NL was always a pleasure.