Teamspeak 3 Remote on a Tablet

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
I was looking on the Google Play store this weekend and found a TeamSpeak 3 Client app for Android phones & tablets. It sells for something like £1.90 so is peanuts to buy, however next to it in the store was a TeamSpeak 3 Remote app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamspeak.ts3remote which is free.

As I have a Nexus 7 tablet which isn’t really used much now the missus has the iPad Mini, I decided to give the Remote app a try and am pleased to say it works really well.

This is ideal for people who:
  • Have an Android tablet or phone
  • Don’t have 2 monitors
  • Are not able to get the TS3 Overlay working in BF4
  • Haven’t got a clue who is talking on TS most of the time
All you do is download it then add your own computers IP address (not the TS Servers IP address) – don’t worry it tells you how to find this. You leave your speakers/headset/mic all plugged in to your PC as normal. All the TS 3 Remote app is doing is looking at & displaying what the full TS3 Client is doing on your PC.

After that, when you start up TS on your PC, you also open the TS3 Remote app on your tablet/phone and you will then always have a display with the people in your chat room visible. The button beside the name illuminates too so you can see whose talking. The app remembers the IP connection every time too so its very quick to start.

As you can see from the photos below, I also made up a temporary bracket from the kids’ old Lego stuff to hang it next to my monitor (took bloody ages to make!).

The photo’s aren’t great as pictures of screens are difficult to get decent, and also no one else was on when I took them, but it worked great last night in BF4.

...and yeah I know I need to tidy my desk!

Reactions: SUPASTARR

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
they have started charging for TS on android itself, fecking banditos, it used to be free!

Yeah. I expect they'll claim its "development costs" although I wouldn't be bothered about £1.90 myself if it works ok. However the Remote app is still free.

The problem with running the full TS3 app through a tablet or phone is that you only have the one ear jack - most PC based headsets use 2 jacks at the minimum (one for ears and one for mic), so you're a bit limited if you want to run TS3 via these devices. This is another reason why I thought the Remote app was good.

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
It's a nice app, had it running on my phone for a while but it eats battery :p

yer the remote overlays pretty neat, I just don't know when they started charging to Ts client on android mine was free.

Beta was free, the version now is not beta anymore so they want your monies for it.

Kickbutt71

New User
Mar 10, 2014
Using the remote app so I can have the full screen map on the second monitor, works well, except to many bloody screens to look at!!!