TS and Discord for all please read

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Master

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 28, 2011
dark side of the moon
Where teamspeak is mentioned it is implied to cover all communication software​

There has been a upsurge in the language used n teamspeak to the point that it is making some members uncomfortable

Yes we are all adults and yes this is an adult game so some degree of swearing is to be expected can we all think about what we are saying on teamspeak

Some members have young children or other family members who do not want to hear shouting and screaming obscenities in their homes, as that is exactly where you are.

Not all players use headsets and should not have to, some cannot use them for reasons such as tinnitus or its just too hot.

Also we have more guests than ever on our teamspeak, they join us due to our manners in game please use the same in ts

So please for the sake of the small children during the day up till 9 pm keep the swearing to a minimum, using words like the c word is never acceptable in jest or otherwise at any time.

If you swear and are asked to tone it down please take it gracefully and do so

It’s a fun light-hearted place to chat and game lets all keep it fun for everyone...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sketchseven

New User
Feb 25, 2012
Agreed - will bear this in mind as I can be guilty of letting my tongue loose when I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Botchang

Reg User
Aug 17, 2010
Birmingham, UK
no offence but my language is never alot so if im pissed im pissed and whilst i agree that people have kids around and that after 9 i agree hard language shouldn't be used but after that i believe that we are all adults and whatever is said shouldnt reflect badly on the person who is saying it, seeing as we are adults and it is for the most part a free and public server to join.

in my honest opinion we do portray a mature and positive attitude specially in our admin duties, but that is simply because of we are ALL mature adults... profanity is a part of that maturity and i know for damn sure that not one member of toga is exempt from that as everybody has a "bad" day. using language is a part of my everyday job tbh and its what i use unless i honestly need to be polite. I wont apologies for it neither will i "tone" it down as i use it with everybody and that what i will do no matter what after a certain time.

If it comes to having a ban on mature language on ts then i oppose it....i just dont agree with it.

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
Agree with Botchy, whilst i understand where you're coming from with the language, and mine can get a bit flowery at times, ok most of the time, the language in game can be alot worse.
If people can't wear headphones for whatever reason, why should others be penalised for it?
I am who i am, i will not nor cannot change and if this leads to a ban like Botchy says on TS, then so be it.
While we're on the subject of TS, could we also cut out conversations about being pissed? It's a subject that annoys the hell out of me. I've been on the wagon for 14 years now, i was an alcoholic since i left the army in '89 and hearing people talk about getting wankered pee's me off. It's just the same as the swearing upsetting people.

I come on TS and BF3 to release like others, because our jobs can/are stressful. Slapping limitations on it just restricts that.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
What you do at work is between you and your superiors and what you do in your own home is entirely up to you.
However when you are on ts you are entering the home of everyone else in that channel
As for everyone does it, well they dont and a few are far worse than the majority.
we are not saying be choir boys but being a Mature adult comes with an ability to controle yourself. whats being asked for is consideration to every one else who may be there having to listen.
I am please you agree that before 9pm it should be toned down but there are 2 or 3 realy bad expletives like the c word which if you cant controle your self not to use, turn off your mic and say it.:)

As for drinking, I dont drink or smoke and am on a diet so maybe we should ban supa for talking about doughnuts:lol:

Reactions: galroniii