Whatchyadoin' Now?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Following on from Mr Zero's shoutbox comment I thought Id ask what we're all playing these days and how much of your evenings is spent playing said games. I thought it might give a bit of insight for those of us who might want to meet up online or pick another game to play. Figured something like this which is for me.

Weekdays:
currently actively playing BF2042 - probably 8pm to 10pm most weeknights, so 2-3 rounds only

Weekends:
Same as above really.
Occasionally Metroid Dread on Switch console but its so damned hard...although so is pretty much every other Switch game I own!

Games Ive got that I really need to get back into:
Wreckfest - great for quick fun but BF took over the time slot
Guild Wars 2 - just needs time available to get used to it again
Elite Dangerous - though probably wont happen as my controls are buggered

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Nice post Binary!
Most activity is probably on discord, which you could say is maybe the future of forums. But then again, starting a thread like this is not really possible on discord.

Below my normal "schedule".
Weekdays (+/- 19:30-23:00 gmt+1): On Monday I almost always play Civilization VI online with local friends. On Thursday I started playing basketball again. All the other days I play mostly Call of Duty (Warzone, Vanguard). But sometimes I also like to play project Zomboid or Valheim

Weekends I tend to play the same games as during weekdays. But times are different, mostly I play a bit longer and also during the day.

If I am not playing games I probably watch some tv or I am trying to throw some plastic (I started playing discgolf last year, it's really fun to do and a bit more healthy than staying in home playing games haha).

Other games I would like to get back into are:
Elite Dangerous (played it a lot last summer and was really fun to do again).
Hell let Loose: One of the better, if not the best WW2 shooter. But hard to get into because it's quite hardcore and games last a bit long.
Cyberpunk 2077: I played it when it came out, but other games were getting more attention.
Rimworld: I start playing, doing the tutorial. And then play it a few hours longer and then I stop playing it again for a while. So I need to do the tutorial again because I forgot again how the game worked.....
World War3: It's still in closed beta, but the game looks promising. But it runs not great yet.
Battlefield 2042: I really want this game to be good, but it's just not it for me (yet).

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
If I am not playing games I probably watch some tv or I am trying to throw some plastic (I started playing discgolf last year, it's really fun to do and a bit more healthy than staying in home playing games haha).

I've seen some of those guys throw on youtube - the skill is outstanding.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I've seen some of those guys throw on youtube - the skill is outstanding.
I am nowhere near that skill yet hahah. I just enjoy doing it, it's nice to see a disc fly through the sky and going in the general direction where you want it to go ;-)
Some nice shots in this video ;-)

Reactions: Binary

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
For me it has been a while since I have been active in online gaming but I'm more than happy to share the games that I spend my time on now:

On-time: Really depends on work schedule but mostly in the evenings and some hours in the weekend.

Games: I have been hooked on Rainbow Six Siege for quite some time but I lost interest in playing.
- Hell Let Loose, as @ShadowFax75 said, this game is the best WW2 shooter at the moment. I have over 200 hours in this game so if anyone wants to get to know the game a bit better, I'm happy to help!
- CoD Warzone
- CityGuesser (online with friends). This is a very fun game to play as a group online.

I also spend time on my PS4, mostly single player games.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Not much to report! Got tired of BF2042, as real clan servers were not available, which was a disappointment (but not a surprise). Playing it every now and then though, when I feel like getting shot in the game. Waiting for Dying Light 2 to come out next Friday, unless they make a new last minute delay.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Nice! It has the same looks (a bit) as GeoGuessr.

Blimey I'd be crap at that. Not only have you got to guess the city, but exactly where in the city within a mile lmao!

Either the guy in the video is a natural at it or hes extremely lucky. Or he did it once before videoing it. Actually yeah thats what id do lol

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Im on most days playing Vanguard but wether early or after noon depends on the shift Im working

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
im on most evenings playing BF 2042 for a few rounds

Unfortunately i struggle with all the chat coming at once in discord that why i rarely join it
i can only deal with a couple of people chatting at a time otherwise its just to much

Reactions: westonwarrior

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
im on most evenings playing BF 2042 for a few rounds

Unfortunately i struggle with all the chat coming at once in discord that why i rarely join it
i can only deal with a couple of people chatting at a time otherwise its just to much
TBH theres not many more at a time at the moment and if it gets too busy can just go to a channel where its quieter

Reactions: SomeOldGit