Windows 11 - Anyone take the plunge?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Ninja_Freak

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 8, 2010
christchurch
Curious if anyone has or will be shortly going over to W11?

I've read some negative things about in-game performance depending on how old your rig is. I was thinking about giving it a shot tbh.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Did more people install windows 11?
I have it installed on my work laptop, but hesitant to install it on my gaming rig.
1636010274469.png

Reactions: Ninja_Freak

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
Been using it for a few months now, had a couple of minor issues which have been patched. Waiting for a TPM for the wife's PC so she can upgrade as she thinks 11 looks pwitty.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
I also updated
Been using it for a few months now, had a couple of minor issues which have been patched. Waiting for a TPM for the wife's PC so she can upgrade as she thinks 11 looks pwitty.
A bios upgrade might help with that.

It did for my x470 board. Didn't then have to enable anything in the bios after the update.

I have also updated AMD chipset on both my PC's following Win11 update to fix that performance issue.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Needed an extra laptop for various reasons, as I can't use company pc everywhere due to its restrictions - ended up with a Legion 5 Pro :oops-13: with W11 of course. If I now attach it to my gaming screen and keyboard, I don't need to upgrade my gaming rig for a few years :icon_cool: